Agile Project Manager. Permanent, full time.
Flexible with some days each week to be office-based (Tewkesbury area)
Head of Operations
Normal working hours are 9am to 5:30pm, Monday to Friday.
Work outside of these core hours may be required due to the nature of the work and the worldwide spread of our customers.
Date of Issue:
Interviews in January / February 2021. Start ASAP.
Purpose and Scope:
The purpose of this role is to work within the company’s Agile / Scrum processes to plan and manage the concurrent flow of assigned work packages, from inception to completion, ensuring that work is delivered to scope, on time, to the right quality and within budget. Act as a focal point for our customers, project managing software development and ‘onboarding’ initiatives with them, communicating effectively and managing their expectations.
Manage projects overall, and component tasks at the detailed level, linking the two to meet customer needs and expectations.
Prepare and maintain accurate and effective communication and status reporting with all stakeholders.
The post holder has the following primary responsibilities:
- Work with our worldwide customers and with internal stakeholders and development teams to plan and deliver all assigned work packages to scope, at high quality and on time.
- Work with internal channelcentral departments and customers on customer ‘onboarding’: to plan, develop, test and commission the customer’s live service within specification and to a mutually-agreed schedule.
- Utilise Agile and Scrum project management methods and Azure DevOps Server (formerly TFS) software tools to the standards set by the company.
- Plan and manage software development and release activities to the standards set by the company.
- Create and maintain accurate and up-to-date project documentation for each work package, including PID, statement of works, budgets, resource plans, quality plans, risks & issues registers, and project status reports.
- Under the Change Control process, ensure that changes to work packages are accurately scoped, costed, assessed and approved before committing them to development or production.
- Plan, manage and track the allocation and reallocation of resources against work packages, to ensure that work is delivered to scope, quality, budget and timescale.
- Ensure that issues and risks are tracked and assessed, escalated early, and that mitigation is in place to ensure that project delivery is not compromised.
- Be the primary point of contact with customers anywhere in the world, and with internal stakeholders for each work package, managing and satisfying requests for information, proactive and reactive updates, and formal reporting.
- Contribute to the weekly summary report to internal stakeholders of the status of each project or work package.
- Track and report on the man-hours / time allocated and consumed against each work package.
- Assist with estimating work on new work packages prior to quotation.
- Update vendor and distributor promotions in channelcentral products to ensure that they are maintained accurately and in a timely manner.
- Propose improvements to the company processes what will enhance the quality of the service delivered.
- Undertake any other tasks as may be reasonably requested from time to time.
The postholder should possess capabilities, skills and attributes to the levels shown. Capability is ranked from 1 to 4, with 1 being the little / no capability required and 4 being a seasoned subject-matter expert.
|Role Based Capability
||Non Role-based Capability
|Agile / Scrum project management
||Written and numerical accuracy
|Azure DevOps Server
|Communications and reporting
|Use of IT and technology
|Customer Service and Support
The postholder will have, or must rapidly gain, knowledge and experience of channelcentral’s service portfolio into which the company’s services are sold.
The postholder will be encouraged to gain a good understanding of the worldwide IT Distribution channel.
The postholder should be able to demonstrate most or all of the following relevant experience:
- One or more years project management or project support experience using Agile methodologies; ideally this will have been gained in a software development function using Microsoft .Net and SQL Server technologies.
- Experience in the use of Azure DevOps Server (also known as TFS and Visual Studio) a distinct benefit.
- Management of multiple projects and work packages at any time from inception through to delivery.
- Experience in the identification, management and mitigation of project risks, issues and dependencies through to resolution.
- Experience in liaising with and reporting to customers and internal stakeholders.
- Change Management experience.
- Some exposure to overseas customers and projects would be a bonus.
- Ideally, some experience as a software developer or tester.
The postholder will be able to demonstrate the following experience and attributes:
- Confident and approachable, able to engage effectively with customers and colleagues.
- Communicative – willing and able to maintain open and effective dialogue with customers and colleagues.
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Good organisational ability, able to plan and execute a series of tasks reliably to a consistent standard.
- Flexible, adaptable, sociable, resilient.
- Numerate, able to maintain accurate project budget records.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- An excellent command of written and spoken English.
- Fluency in any foreign language is a bonus but not a prerequisite.
Qualifications required for this role are as follows:
- English Language GCSE and Maths at grade A*- B; or an overseas equivalent is essential
- Scrum Master or Agile Certified Practitioner a bonus
- Have, or be willing able to procure, a full driver’s licence
- Have, or be willing able to procure, a full passport
The postholder must
Evidence will be required.
- Be eligible to live and work permanently in the UK; and
- Have no travel restrictions to foreign countries.